Speed Reading Skills
Course id: 8310
Duration: 5 Day/ 4 H per day
"Necessity is the mother of invention" this is what the popular proverb says. Thus, the speed reading appeared at the beginning of the twentieth century in response to the increasing needs of people for accelerating their reading to keep up with the information revolution which started to spread very fast at that time, where all the readable materials had almost started to spread, and most of which have not appeared yet whether in quantity or in quality (same as all the components of the communication revolution, and many of the books, newspapers and journals).
If that was the situation at the beginning of the twentieth century, so how much we are in need today for the speed reading to keep up with all this information explosion whether in the printed materials on papers or those visually dealt in through the communication revolution media .
This Course is not merely to meet an urgent need for those who consider that reading constitutes a special importance in their lives. It Course helps you further to develop your skills in remembrance, comprehension, concentration, storage and restoration of information, in addition to an extraordinary saving of time whose value is in continuous increase to the extent that we most of the time find that most of our main problems originate from time shortness or our inability to deal with time with the required efficiency.
PrerequisitesThe participant does not need to have a certain specialization
This Course is for the students, educated people, managers, reporters, researchers,… and all those interested in reading.
At the end of the Course, each Trainee will become able to:
1. Compare between the slow reading and the speed reading.
2. Determine the aim from reading and lay the appropriate plan.
3. Read word by word with a speed not less than 500 words / minute and an understanding rate not less than 70 %.
4. Connect between remembrance and understanding in all the techniques.
5. Multiple reading ( browsing ) with a speed not less than 1000 words / minute and a comprehension rate not less than 60 %
6. Read for the purpose of searching for a specific thing with a speed not less than 2000 words / minute.
1. Determine the target.
2. Test your present speed and comprehension.
3. The most important reasons for slowly reading.
4. Change the actions and the results will change accordingly.
1. The most important techniques of speed reading.
2. Reading word by word (information and exercises).
3. The relation between remembrance and understanding.
4. The first partial test.
5. Evaluation test.
1. Simple multiple reading (information and exercises).
2. The five levels of comprehension.
3. The hand movements suitable for the multiple reading.
4. Other methods for remembrance.
5. Evaluation Tests.
1. The mental maps and their importance.
2. Searching for a certain thing.
3. The second partial test.
4. Part -4- Test.
5. Final evaluation tests.
6. Important recommendations.