Speed Reading Skills (Ghaiyer Scholarship)
Course id: 3874
Duration: 3 dyas/ 5 H per day
"Necessity is the mother of invention" this is what the popular proverb says. Thus, the speed reading appeared at the beginning of the twentieth century in response to the increasing needs of people for accelerating their reading to keep up with the information revolution which started to spread very fast at that time, where all the readable materials had almost started to spread, and most of which have not appeared yet whether in quantity or in quality (same as all the components of the communication revolution, and many of the books, newspapers and journals).
If that was the situation at the beginning of the twentieth century, so how much we are in need today for the speed reading to keep up with all this information explosion whether in the printed materials on papers or those visually dealt in through the communication revolution media.
This Course is not merely to meet an urgent need for those who consider that reading constitutes a special importance in their lives. It Course helps you further to develop your skills in remembrance, comprehension, concentration, storage and restoration of information, in addition to an extraordinary saving of time whose value is in continuous increase to the extent that we most of the time find that most of our main problems originate from time shortness or our inability to deal with time with the required efficiency.
The participant does not need to have a certain specialization.
This Course is for the students, educated people, managers, reporters, researchers… and all those interested in reading.
By the end of this course, each trainee will be able to:
- Compare between the slow reading and the speed reading.
- Determine the aim from reading and lay the appropriate plan.
- Read word by word with a speed not less than 500 words / minute and an understanding rate not less than 70 %.
- Connect between remembrance and understanding in all the techniques.
- Determine the target.
- Test your present speed and comprehension.
- The most important reasons for slowly reading.
- Change the actions and the results will change accordingly.
- The most important techniques of speed reading.
- Reading word by word (information and exercises).
- The relation between remembrance and understanding.
Mr. Aladdin MA