Branding-Creating and Managing Your Corporate Brand
Course id: 253
Duration: 2 days, 8 H per day
Your brand is the vehicle that propels your product or service into your customers’ lives, and into their hearts. A good brand is much more than an attractive image combined with some witty type. Your brand must reflect the heart and soul of your product, and offer a promise that you can live up to.
This two-day course will get you started on the road to creating a perfect brand. The first day will cover the basics of branding, including how to develop a visual identity from start to finish. We will also give you some graphic design tips to help you communicate your expectations to a professional designer. The second day will focus on how to put your brand out there in the right way. We’ll also talk about how to keep your brand energized and alive with monitoring and evaluation tools.
No special requirements, a marketing background or interest will be beneficial
Marketers, brand managers, product managers, anyone who is interested in marketing.
By the end of this workshop each trainee will be able to:
- Define what a brand is (particularly a strong brand) and what branding is about
- Define various types of brand architecture and brand extension
- Identify your brand’s products, the features of those products, and their values
- Write a mission, vision, and style statement for a brand
- Describe the basics of positioning a brand
- Understand the basics of creating a visual identity, including a brand name, slogan, and logo
- Help your employees live the brand by empowering them to be ambassadors and creating strong brand touchpoints
- Effectively plan an internal and external brand launch
- Monitor and evaluate your brand, and understand how to respond to the results
Brands and Branding
- Defining brands and branding
- What is a brand?
- Why a brand?
- What is in a brand?
- Characteristics of a strong brand
What are You All About?
- Identifying your products and features
- Identifying your values
Creating a Mission
- What a mission statement is all about
Creating a Vision for the Future
- Who will you have as customers, competitors, employees, and shareholders?
- What will the product look like?
- Where will you be selling it?
- How will your brand look?
- What reputation will it have?
Positioning Your Brand
- Identifying Your Ideal Position
Developing Your Style
- Writing a style statement
Developing a Brand Name and Slogan
- The forward facing elements
- Developing your brand name
- Developing a slogan
Creating a Visual Identity
- Graphic Design
- How people will see your images
- Types of visual identities
Living Your Brand
- Transforming Your Employees into Ambassadors
- Understanding Touchpoints
- Creating a Unique Experience at Each Touchpoint
Connecting with Customers
Launching Your Brand
- Internal launch
- External launch
Taking Your Brand’s Pulse
- Performing a SWOT analysis
Measuring Brand Health with a Balanced Scorecard
Middleton’s Brand Matrix
- Interpreting evaluation results
- Signs of trouble
- Choosing a course of action
Keeping the Brand Alive
- Refreshing and re-launching
- Going beyond the brand
- Understanding brand architecture
- Understanding brand extension
Dr. Said KAMHA